Wednesday 1 February 2012

New Year, New Recipes

I have decided this year I am going to try a new recipe every week - and blog about them. Well, that's the aim, undoubtedly life will get away on me and I won't do it every week, but I do bake generally at least once a week for the kids school lunches, so that's the aim!

Today I am baking Coconut and Jam Muffins, double batch - one for morning tea at a friend's tomorrow to share with my coffee group, and the other batch to freeze to throw into the lunchboxes for the next few days.

This is the recipe Coconut and Jam muffins, courtesy of Chelsea Sugar

The only adaptations I made was swapping butter for a dairy free margarine, and milk for lactose free milk to make it lactose free for my kids.


Waiting to go into the oven



The end result (haha, that green one in the middle got a lil squashed in the oven, but I managed to fit these silicone cups beside my muffin tin which was baking the other batch, so they got squished in there hehe!)


And the verdict? Pretty good! Next time I would probably only spoon half the mixture in, put the jam in then spoon the rest of the mixture on top so that the jam was in the middle (I did consider doing that today but tried to follow the recipe - "slightly imbedded" was kind of hard!). One I would make again, that's for sure, kind of a muffin version of Louise Slice.

1 comment: