Tuesday 6 March 2012

Peach Muffins

(I wrote this blog post over a week ago. Then blogspot had a tantrum and I have been locked out of my account for the past week. Finally it seems to have sorted its issues out, and I can finish this post off with the photos I was wanting to add!)

Have a sicky kid at home the past couple of days, along with my other 2 preschoolers today too. Motivation has been at an all time low. Though we have run out baked goods in the freezer so decided I best get my butt into gear and get something made.

This is a quick, easy, effortless recipe that makes really quite yummy muffins.

From the Chelsea Sugar website, only adaptations I made were the usual rice milk for milk and dairy free spread for butter


Peach Muffins

1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cups sugar (though I used probably more like 2/3 cup)
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
125g melted butter
3/4 cup milk
1 cup chopped peaches (I used well drained tinned peaches - the whole tin)

Mix all ingredients together in order as listed until just combined. Don't over mix or the muffins will be dense and tough.
Put into muffin paper cases lining muffin tins or well greased or oil sprayed muffns tins.
Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.

Yummy :)

In other news, I have been doing good at the gym, I actually itch to go now lol. Thursdays I don't get to go and I always feel like something is missing from my day. I'm really enjoying it. I have started the c25k training programme for running, and I'm actually starting to look forward to my blats on the treadmill now. I used to wonder why on earth anyone would run on a treadmill when they could sit on a bike haha. Now I don't like the bike, I go for the treadmill. Have been doing weights and classes - the lot! It's fun!

I also donated some books to Starship hospital the other day, via a lady in our community who is doing a big collection for them. Felt good to be able to support a cause that is close to my heart (thankfully not so much for my own children, but I have one of my best friends whose son has spent far more time there than is fair, which in turn has seen me at the hospital a fair whack in support). So that was something else crossed off my 101 list and just a feel good thing full stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment