Monday 25 June 2012

A Quick Nom

Discovered this recipe is NOT light on the ol' calories (well, cut as large as I cut them, into 16 squares), they are nearly 300 calories each! holy moly, I scoffed 2 down this morning before I worked out their calorie content, best lay off them the rest of today! The are SO more-ish though. SO good.

This is actually the same recipe as the base of the peanut butter truffle brownies - it is best made with real butter, as with margarine it doesn't get quite the right ooey gooey texture but I tell ya, it does come close. The brownie in the picture was made with dairy free spread, and dairy free chocolate drops. It is still damned delicious. However the times I have made it with real butter, it's just that much more delicious.



Chocolate Brownies

200g butter (or a dairy free spread)
1/2 c cocoa
2 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 c flour
2 eggs
optional ¾ c choc melts added after eggs (I used Pams Dark Chocolate Compound Drops - they are dairy free)

Preheat oven to 180c. Melt butter and cocoa in a large saucepan. Add sugar and vanilla, then remove from the heat. Add flour, then the eggs. Finally add the chocolate melts (optional). Mix all together then put into a greased/lined 13" by 9" slice pan (I put mine into a square silicone cake pan). Bake for roughly 20 mins. I find less cooking time is best for the goo factor! It does harden more upon cooling.


And now it's time for me to stop procrastinating and get on with the housework before I go pick up the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment